Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked car at girlfriends tonight, went out an hour later and it wouldn't start. Engine was turning but it wouldn't fire. Called RAC and they diagnosed that my fuel pump is knackered.

Whats the cost gonna be for this? They also said it has to be done by a main dealer as it needs programmed?

Can anyone comfirm this for me?

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RAC came to get car this morning to take it to garage and it started first time. Guy said it might just be the regulator?

Anyone know anything about this?

thanks,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I've heard of the regulators on Peugeot HDi's giving problems,but not a Renault dCi.......

Hopefully one of our Renault techs can add their thoughts.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renault garage called me today and said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car! They said they had hooked it up to the computer and couldn't find any faults and that it had started fine on numerous occasions throughout the day.

They said if I leave it for another day they will run some more tests.

Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another update. went to collect car yesterday and they said it was totally fine and they had taken for a run etc and couldn't find a problem. The guy went to get it then came back and said it wouldn't start!
They called this morning and said it was the electric fuel pump that had gone. Supplied, fitted and VAT comes to £320 so they are fitting it tomorrow morning and I will get it back tomorrow afternoon!

Bit of a pain having to pay £320 but my mate paid between £500-600 for his so I suppose I am "lucky"?!?!

Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another update. went to collect car yesterday and they said it was totally fine and they had taken for a run etc and couldn't find a problem. The guy went to get it then came back and said it wouldn't start!
They called this morning and said it was the electric fuel pump that had gone. Supplied, fitted and VAT comes to £320 so they are fitting it tomorrow morning and I will get it back tomorrow afternoon!

Bit of a pain having to pay £320 but my mate paid between £500-600 for his so I suppose I am "lucky"?!?!

Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
***didn't mean to post last message 3 times!!***

got car back today, good as new!

for once it seems a dealers did a quick and efficent job with a decent price. When i went to collect it yesterday they had spent 2 days testing it and had washed it all too and weren't going to charge me so overall I am quite impressed with the service I received. This was the Parks-Renault garage in Coatbridge near Glasgow incase anyone lives local to there and needs some work done.

Brian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts