Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. First and foremost, I'm sorry if I'm not using correct technical therms, since english isn't my first language.

I changed my air filter to a new one this last weekend. After changing it, I started the engine and everything was fine. Turned it off and started it again the next day, only to realize my idle speed was now at around 500 rpm (normal is at around 800).

Had a trip that day and the car stalled mid driving while I changed gears.

I think I might have shoved the air filter box into the gas pedal cable, since they're so close together.. Anyway, I checked if the air filter box was closed, if the air lines from it were all sealing well and tight and ended up solving the problem by adjusting the gas pedal cable pressure as it seemed to be a bit soft...

Now the idle speed is back up where it used to be, but I was wondering if the idle speed can be set in any other way since now my gas pedal seems to have risen a bit.

Can anybody please provide some insight?
Any extra info you need, just ask:eek:

Here's a photo. Red arrows indicate the gas pedal cable and the green indicates the air filter box.

Bought 8 months ago with 150.000 km. Now with 162.000.

Since buying it I have:
Changed timing belt
Changed the 4 spark plugs
Changed oil and oil filter
Changed radiator fluid to a 30% glycol fluid
Changed the air filter
Changed gasoline filter
Changed gear box oil

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
hi

theres 3 nuts holding the airboxdown on to the frame over the gearbox. as long as all 3 nuts are on ok and its all seated, it shouldnt have any effect.
are all the top cover clips on correctly?

also check the hose's coming off the throttle body/map sensor unit (the big hose from the top of the air filter cover and the thin one)
if they arnt cirrectly seated, then you will get air leaks and the ecu wont read the inlet manifold pressure correctly.

also check the hose going to the brake servo unit. if there is poor fit you will get air leaking in from there and possible poor braking!

Reactions: peter80000

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi

theres 3 nuts holding the airboxdown on to the frame over the gearbox. as long as all 3 nuts are on ok and its all seated, it shouldnt have any effect.

also check the hose's coming off the throttle body/map sensor unit (the big hose from the top of the air filter cover and the thin one)
if they arnt cirrectly seated, then you will get air leaks and the ecu wont read the inlet manifold pressure correctly.

also check the hose going to the brake servo unit. if there is poor fit you will get air leaking in from there and possible poor braking!
Thank you so much for your answer, mord! I will check all this and get back with the results! I guess I should put the gas pedal cable back to no pressure while I check the hoses?

All the best

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

Fixed the problem! Both the top hoses were adjusted, as well as the clips that hold the air filter box closed.

Apparently there was this hose coming from the left side that connects below the air filter box and that seemed to be almost off... I tightly adjusted it and voilá, problem gone and idle speed back to normal. Adjusted gas pedal cable back to previous state and everything was fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts