Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got an intermittent starting problem on my 02 Laguna Tourer 2.0 IDE. I've read some good related posts, most of which point to the top dead centre sensor. My only reservation is that the non-starting isn't always when the engines hot, and can be first thing in a morning. I've also never had the ESP warning/crawl mode issue. Is it still likely to be the TDC sensor?

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Noel,

Where is the Top Dead Centre on an IDE engine ? Would like to know for furture reference (oh god, know Ive gone and put the death knell on my IDE !)

Cheers

:devil:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dave - as far as I know its on top of the gearbox just above the flywheel housing - have a search through the forum - there are plenty of posts regarding TDC sensor:)

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Thanks Noel. I saw a thread with pics yesterday (gold boomerang shaped thing) so I know what it looks like. Was just unsure if it was different on the F5R IDE engine as its a very different beast to a 1.8 16v :d which the thread was talking about.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi,

I had poor starting problems when hot or cold, removing, cleaning and refitting the same TDC completely cured it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

Have now replaced TDC sensor (along with loom modification for which I could see no point?) and it seems to have solved the problem. Touch wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts