Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching/reading through the various posts trying to solve my Laguna problems and unfortunately I have more questions so am hoping someone out there can lend asisstance before I needlessly pay out for repairs.

The problem I have had with my Laguna is that at cruising speed around 2000 revs, the car loses acceleration momentarily then regains, I have seen 'Juddering' used to describe this in other posts, when this happens the revs remain the same and unless it is my paranoia plumes of smoke come from the exhaust each time the power regains. The car was due its 3rd service at 75k so was hoping the fault would be remedied. Got the car back from the garage and no change. The general response to similar posts is the coils need replacing, but no mention of this with Diesel models only petrol? When looking under the bonnet at the fuel filter I came across a black hand pump behind the p/steering tank which i gave a few pumps, not sure if coincidental but the 'judders' appear to be weaker since. Apologies for the re-post of a similar topic but not seen any mentions of the car blowing smoke rings as part of the symptons....can anyone lend advice?

Also.....

As part of the service I paid for both an oil / air filter replacement, and I believe to be standard at a car service, an oil replacement. Checking the oil levels on the instrument panel when the car starts the oil level has increased but the oil is dark black?? Does this suggest my oil has been topped up rather than replaced?

I am going to hunt under the bonnet for the air filter to see if I have the nice clean one that I have paid for as my suspicions are now aroused. Can anyone help me with its location? Also is the oil filter easily accesible to make the same check?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I can help you out with the following problems but can't give you much advice about the power surges.

Your oil will always look dark even when new. Its a different blend than oil used in Petrol cars and goes dark very quickly. If the oil is looking like tar and very thick then its worn out and needs replacing. If its dark brown / grey looking then its normal.

Your oil filter is located on the lower front of the engine block. You will need to remove the big top plastic engine cover to see it.

Again, your air filter is on the top right and is held in place by 4 hex screws. You will need to unplug the air flow sensor and undo the large jubile clip to be able to lift off the cover.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Andilator - during the service the following filters should have been changed.
1.Oil filter
2. Fuel Filter
3. Pollen filter
4. Air filter
I would ask for a breakdown of components fitted when serviced.
The symptoms you describe could be down to a dirty or faulty EGR valve. Have a search through the forums for EGR valve and see if some of the problems described match yours:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts