Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a BMC CDA induction kit for my Laguna II (2005)

Problem is it's too big to fit into the space left once the old airfilter housing is removed.

Anyone any ideas or photo's suggesting the next best place to position it for best results from it in the engine bay?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
not sure if the petrol's are the same but is it not possible to re-locate the maf closer to the TB? by shortening the pipe and this might give u more area for the filter
any chance of a piccy of your engine bay?
the ideal place for a filter like that is down near the lower part of the headlamp and run a pipe back to your maf as this will give u the coldest rush of air, especially when travelling at speed. However this of course means more rubish being drawn into the filter :(

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if I attached the Airflow sensor direct to the CDA it still wouldn't fit lol Basically the only space available is the one occupied by the air box at present and it just ain't big enough :(

I had planned on simply installing it nearer the front of the bay (there is room there) and running a pipe all the way to the back of the bay to the sensor but didn't know whether this was good practice or not? I should also be able to install it in a semi-decent position so that it doesn't pick up everything from the road :crazy:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
a longer run of pipe shouldnt affect it too much as most of the cold air intake kits u see on the market have long runs of pipe
the closer the filter is to the rad the better as this will get the best flow of air :d
might involve some cutting but u can always use a trumpet and some flexi pipe to direct the air further?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My job for tomorrow then :d

Anyone know where I can get a decent length of pipe then?

The one that came with the BMC CDA is only about 0.5m long. I think I'll need about 1m or even 1.5m length to get from the front up the side of the battery and connected to the air flow sensor at the back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts