Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, new to the forum having recently bought a 2003 laguna 1.9 dci from a local garage. although I have had Laguna 1 V6 and clio's in the past.

I am worried that the clutch maybe on the way out, the car drives fine but the clutch pedal is only half the height from the floor as the brake pedal and it does take quite a bit of getting used to, it doesn't look right to me, can someone tell me if this is normal please?

I read the posts about clutch pedals on the floor and the clutch recall but this worry doesn't appear to fit those issues,

many thanks,

O

·
0 Posts
If it's half the height of the brake, it's not on it's way out. That would make it higher if anything on a cable clutch.

If it's a hydraulic clutch then i don't think it changes at all as the fluid takes up the movement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(Thanks Ourcar, I think the problem has now shown itself as this morning the clutch pedal was now on the floor and had to be lifted back up, so it looks like it was the start of the usual master cylinder issue i think

·
Registered
25 Posts
i also have a 'clutch issue' on my 2005 1.9dci Laguna:
-pedal is positioned very high
-clutch operates properly, engages about halfway up

can the pedal height be adjusted ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
@flying clutchman: thanks for the reply, checked it out myself today. No chance of getting pedal height adjusted.

However, i've found one problem. The upper switch (pressed, when clutch is not down) was in really bad shape, literally, the plastic got smashed by the pedal.

Sadly, i haven't found the fix yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same thing happend to me last week the clutch pedal stuck on the floor and the clutch burning smell.:crazy: I fulled the clutch and brake fluid and the problem was solved but the clutch fluid leaked out. on the gearbox is a place where you bleed the clutch fluid. I took it of and found that the oring was damaged, I replased both of the orings and no more leaking my proplem is solved. It took me almost 2hours to fix.:d I have a senic 1.9 cdi I hope it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts