Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna II 1.9 dci Turbo not kicking in, no power!

14K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tipp 
#1 ·
My turbo seized up last weekend, removed it and had it rebuilt, cleaned the inside of the intercooler, all the intercooler pipes, the inlet manifold, the inlets on the cylinder head, the EGR valve, the turbo oil feed and return pipes, oil breathers and all associated holes that go in to the block. Put it all back together, primed the new turbo with oil fresh oil and filter. Test drive started out alright, but then started struggling setting off, foot flat to floor in 1st gear and it bearly makes it to 2500 RPM. Same symptoms as the seized turbo......gentle drive to get it home praying to the big guy in the sky that the turbo hasn't gone again.......on closer inspection it hasn't phewww. What else can be causing this lack of power? Anyone know how the turbo vacuum solenoid should work? Any help could be greatly recieved as I'm at my witts end with it now!

#2 ·
Hi, having the same problem myself.
By vacuum solenoid do you mean the wastegate actuator?
If so, the little leaver on the bottom of the the actuator should go in by about an inch whenever the car is started. If it doesn't, try pushing it in with your fingers - if it goes in check if the pipe that is connected to it is sucking the air when the car is started.
If it doesn't go in you will probably have to take the turbo off to change the wastegate actuator - I don't think it's possible to change it from the top...

#3 ·
Yea the valve that controls the actuator, the actuator itself is fine it goes in both manually and with the vacuum, just had the whole turbo refurbished so it should be right! But it doesn't seem to do much after that when the engine is revved, I'd have thought it would move back, although I can't check it under load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.