Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, sorry to ask a question for my first post, hello to everyone.

I have a Laguna II Estate with the 1.9 dci engine in. Unfortunately it seems the engine is U/S and i have sourced another engine. However

The engine came from a new shape megane but is still a 1.9 dci. Does anyone know if this is a straight swap? I got some numbers from the megane engine and they were fdp2 and f15 d a 22 if that means anything to anyone?

Also the engine came with the 6? speed gearbox from the megane. Ive searched the posts and it seems it would be no good for me as a spare as my laguna has a different type of gearbox? Can anyone tell me what cars this will fit or if it is megane specific. Im hoping to sell the box to partly pay for the engine, grrrrrrrrrrr. Still, loving the estate when it ran so want to get it back asap

Thanks for anyhelp

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums, I'm sure someone will be along to give you an answer to your question, just be patient, not everyone is online all of the time.

Tel

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The engine code is printed on the front of the Block on the right hand side where the gearbox mates..

On the Laguna it is an F9Q 750.. The Megane (120bhp 2003 - 2006) is an F9Q 800..

There are various differences, inlet manifold and exhaust manifold routings, injector types etc..
Therefore I cannot say definaitely yes to this but at a guess you could modify the 800 engine to fit by replacing the manifolds, injectors etc..

Now the laguna engines came in two flavours. The early ones did not have coded injectors, the later ones did.. So either way to ensure correct running you MUST take the injectors from the old engine and put them in the new one, and replace them in the CORRECT cylinder order they were removed.

Then PM me and I will consider purchasing the old Megane injectors from you if the part number printed on the top of the injector is 0 445 110 110...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gearbox interchangability

These's (usually) only one type of mounting set-up for ALL car gearboxes-to-engine, so mating box to engine is not the problem - space might be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts