Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, im new here and I have been looking for hours at threads and posts to try find my problem but I've had no joy at all!!
Right here goes my laguna II 1.9dci ran out of diesel, the red engine light and STOP light came on do I went to a garage got them to put OBD II onto car and he wiped all codes and no codes came back on but ever since the car ran out of fuel I have been unable to read my mpg, gallon usage and miles left in tank!! Can anyone please help me resolve this strange issue cause it's driving me mad!!
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya John thanks for replying, when I put fuel in the gauge reads that I have put fuel in.
Also when I'm driving the car if I put my foot down the fuel light comes on even if there's half a tank of fuel but the gauge doesn't drop down when the light comes on!

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
would only be guessing at this point but would think the sender has got to come out, hang in there somebody might have a better answer cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya John I've taken the sender unit off cleaned it all its hasn't changed anything ! Does the sender unit actually read the mpg?
Do you know where the diesel pump is ?
Thanks scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers John does the sender read mpg? There is 2 half circle readers on the chip where the float connects to on the sender unit I was wondering if one read the fuel level amd the other read mpg but I'm not sure! It would be great if someone could help me find out what each one does?
Thanks scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mpg reads --- after laguna II 1.9dci ran out of diesel

Hi there, my car reads --- for mpg, gallons and miles left in tank!
This only started after my car ran out of diesel, I've had my car on a obd II and it still won't read my mpg but the weird thing is there's no codes stored in the brain!
I've tried cleaning the sender unit and that didn't help I've also been putting redex in the fuel since it ran out of fuel.
Finally it occasionally goes into limp mode and brings the injector light on dashboard but if I stop the car amd start it again the light goes out and the car runs fine!
Any advice or help would be much appreciated as I have had this fault for nearly 3 months now!!
Thanks scott

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
Re: mpg reads --- after laguna II 1.9dci ran out of diesel

hi we had same thing in the last week. from a meg owner but didn't come at the end. try bring up message on dash hold in your stalk button turn it on should go into check mode and tell you what's in the tank and show what's going on, maybe might clear it but its a start lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey John thanks for replying, what is the message on dash bit that you mentioned?
My laguna is a low end model I think and doesn't have any led screens apart from the one where the odometer is which reads the fuel things, so can you describe in a bit more detail as I want to get the check mode thing correct.
Also I don't now if I've mentioned already but the check injection light keeps coming on the dashboard usually when I put my foot down on steep hills( which happens a lot because I live on top of a big hill!)
Thanks scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you John I understood what you ment and tried it, initially it didn't work so I tried it again and when it was doing the check I pressed the reset button on the dash board and it worked so thank you for solving one of my many faults with the car ***9786;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts