Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm almost at 9000 miles and my first service.

I've been told that I don't need to go to Renault for the service and that as long as I use a VAT registered garage my warranty won't be affected.

Please can some body advise me if this is true.

Thanks

Dave...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Dave,

Isn't the 1.9DCi an 18000 mile service interval ??

Sorry, just noticed the age of your car (2006) I am a high milage driver and my first service was done after 7 months.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
If I remember correctly ''if genuine Renault Replacement parts are used'' is the phrase we are looking for so as not to void any warranty issues

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
And there's also the part of "work done to Renault standards" - which with some Renault garages is all to easy to exceed! However, come claim time, try and prove that the garage that did the work did it to Renault's standards...

Long and short is, yes you cam go somewhere other than Renault for your servicing. If they use Renault parts, then you will retain the manufacturer warranty.

However...

Your new car warranty is made of 2 parts - part manufacturer warranty, part dealer warranty.
1 year Manufacturer + 2 years Dealer (3 years total) I believe is the norm (someone correct me if this isn't Renault's policy :)), and therefore, by not having your service done at Renault, you will lose the 2 year Dealer warranty.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Welcome to the forums, I agree with Rog, you may as well take it to the Renault dealer, as you would not want to loose the dealer w`tee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts