Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could any body tell me if when the clutch goes on laguna IIdci with six speed box does the clutch slip or will it not disengage ? also I have been quoted in exess of £540 by Mr Clutch this seems over the top as the parts from a local moter factors are only £120

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Hi bad31 welcome to the forum, I would guess the £540 is a result of the main stealer charging £80+ an hour for labour.

I called in at a stealer last week they wanted £120:00 for just a oil and filter change. I called in the parts dept a filter was £12 and I was quoted.
:confused: £34 for 10 litres of fully synthetic oil :confused:

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi Bad31, welcome to the forum, That price does seem a bit excesive but when you consider the time that goes into a clutch change, as hondo said if thats a main dealer expect to pay the price, If the car is not under warantee I would find a small local garage who will probably do it for a little over half that price. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fig jam
that price was from what is suposed to be a reasonaly priced local clutch clinic.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
When the clutch and pressure plate were replaced on my Lag II, the garage I took the car to had it on the ramps for 2 days to do the job!!
OK, it was their first Lag II clutch, but it gives you an indication of the amount of work involved in the replacement!

When my clutch failed, it failed slipping, as well as dragging making gear change almost impossible... the actual failure was the pressure plate. The friction plate was then changed as a matter of course!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi fig jam
that price was from what is suposed to be a reasonaly priced local clutch clinic.

Ahhh I dread to think what it would cost at a main dealer :crazy: i`d try a few places you might be able to find somwhere cheaper, Just another thing I just had the clutch and gearbox in mine changed, The gearbox was coverd by the guy I bought the car off (thank god) and the clutch cost me just £150, the job was done in a scrapyard of all places, but the job was done well and cheaper than I had been quoted elsewhere, so it may be worth a go. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Book time for a clutch change on a Lag 2 dCi is nearly 8 hours.......

Plus £150ish for the clutch it's self and a couple of litres of gear oil,so £540 is a more than reasonable quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts