Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here:-

So far I have had the Rear Axle Bushes replaced, found a rattle at the front of the car, the car steps out a bit on cornering etc etc, front ball joints, track rod ends etc.

My clutch feels like it needs to be adjusted,the bite point is almost at the top of the pedal, plus if I go to overtake and drop into third, it doesn't like it and I've got to double clutch!!

How do I go about adjusting the clutch as I think its the semi automatic type? It's the F4R engine as far as I am aware. I have the Renault Dialogys, but its a nightmare to navigate.

Many thanks

Allan

:crazy:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The clutch bite point is not adjustable as it is fully hydraulic..

I would firstly bleed the clutch circuit to eliminate the presence of air. If that doesn't cure it then the clutch is worn and will require replacement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Webcode

I am looking to see if the automatic clutch adjuster needs manually adjusted as I have read elsewhere?

Is this not correct?

Allan

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
If it is anything like the Laguna 1 then the cable will be semi-auto. Obviously, it may not have a cable and be hydraulic in which case I would try bleeding the system (if you're lucky it won't be like the Espace which is a sealed system :steam: ).

Anyhow, if it is a cable, then the there is a bit under the bonnet on the cable that you need to turn clockwise to one of the numbers (0-3 but I'm not sure which), then you need to press the clutch a few times and reset the mechanism. I tried it on my 1997 Laguna but didn't have much luck with it to be honest.

If it is the cable type then I'll copy the instructions out of my Hayne's for you.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
On your Laguna 11 there is no clutch adjustment manual or automatic.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd say clutch it worn. Mine's similar, doesn't bite until nearly at the top of the pedal. Have to also checked ball joints, steering joints and top mounts? Mine was stepping out and I replaced these and it drives nicely now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts