Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as I have got one problem sorted on my 2003 107k miles Laguna II (crankshaft pulley) I have discovered another one - the intercooler is leaking :mad:

Does anyone know if there is much work involved in this? Does the front bumper have to come off?

And also, how much the new intercooler itself from Renault?

Cheers

Gavin

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8, the front bumper has to come off im afraid, but un the upside its rather easy:) , i cant give you the exact way to do it as it was some time ago i done it, but remember it being quite straight foward.

as to the price also i dont have a clue but im sure 1 of the renault techs will give you more info on both.:)

hope this helps :)

regards alex

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, will give my dealer a call tomorrow and get the bad news!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the number of a place near Ballymena in N. Ireland today who sell OEM Renault, Peugeot and Citroen parts. He explained that there are only two manufacturers of intercooler for the Laguna - Valeo (which is what you would get from a Renault dealer in Renault packaging) and another company called Nissen. He can supply the Nissen one for £155 + VAT which is a damn sight cheaper than the £218 + VAT which Renault want.

Has anyone heard of this company, Nissen? I'm going to take a chance on it anyway and see what happens...

Gavin

·
Registered
38 Posts
:d Hi Gavin,
Where in NI are you?? I got my intercooler for £105 + VAT!!! which is a damn site cheaper again. It was from a place called brownlow radiators in Lurgan. If you do a search on yell.com you'll come up with it. Hope it helps man!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but the 1.9 dCi intercooler is different to the 2.2 dCi and cheaper anyway (even from Renault, £140 for 1.9 and £218 for 2.2)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Intercooler want one cant get one Grrrr

Ok I have the same problem, thought I found a dealer who had one, they said that the intercooler for the 2.2 was still a dealer only. It will however be released to aftermarket factors in the next few months, which at the speed my Laguna currently returns may as well be couple of years. Anyone know any different, I am in the south east of UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissens intercooler

Hi, replaced the radiator on my wife's 106 diesel recently with a Nissens (Denmark)and the quality was superb. Better than the original equiptment. Fitted perfectly too. Try Fyffes motorfactors Ballymena for a price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found a replacement in the end from a uk dealer, fitting was ahuge learning curve into French auto manufacturing! with some disbelief that failed to understand why such a troublesome component that is prone to regular failure is such a chore to replace.It is not for the fainthearted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts