Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got myself a 2001 Laguna II DCi and there is sticker on the drivers window which states the vehicle is fitted with a Thatcham category 2 security system. I've had a look through the drivers handbook and the Haynes manual but cannot find out if it has an alarm system along with its immobiliser. Any helpful comments would be helpful.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
My car, 2002, has an alarm and was fitted from new so I can only assume its a standard Renault fit.

My detectors are fitted to the rear hatch side mouldings. They look like the parking sensors, only smaller and face forward.

One way to check if things are working is to sit in the car and then lock it with the keycard. If you move around once its set then the alarm will go off.

Cheers
Bob

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
If you have the original leather wallet containing the owners manual etc have a good look through it for normally the Cat 1 & 2 alarms are installed as an optional extra and should have an installation certificate along with all the rest of the manuals etc. If you cant find this then give the car a good shake and see if the alarm goes off, mine even works when it's raining really heavy.
Regards leroy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts