Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering... does my 2002 Laguna II ( 3.0 Initiale ) have the auto lights on function... and if so how the hell does it work.

Cheers all

Shane

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
No - sorry. The auto lights were only introduced to the laguna II in late 2003.
Only auto wipers were available until then , even on the Initiale, they weren't even an option.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
No - sorry. The auto lights were only introduced to the laguna II in late 2003.
Only auto wipers were available until then , even on the Initiale, they weren't even an option.
Mine is a late Sept 2003 and as far as I can tell I don't have "auto lights" unless of course it has to be set-up by the dealer first. Do the ph1 auto lights include the see me home function? and are they controlled by the same sensor as the auto wipers?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Is yours the 04 model? Although registered Sept 03 it may still be the 03 model.
The auto lights and wipers are part of the same sensor.
Our LAguna certainly has the see me home function - this function is separate from the sensor. It is purely activated by pulling the main beam/flash stalk back when the ignition is off, the lights then stay on for a while afterwards.
If you have the 04 model the area in the screen for the sensor is circular.
If yours is still the older model the sensor area will be rectangular in shape - longer and thinner. If you have this type of sensor you will only have auto wipers.

To further confuse things, 04 model Dynamiques had the auto wipers (with new style sensor) but not auto lights.

If you do indeed have auto lights you can switch the function on quite easily by yourself. It is just a case of switching lights on/off/on quite quickly. CAn't remeber if you need engine running or not. I know engine needs to be on to deactivate or activate but can't remeber which, ignition has to be on but engine off to activate/deactivate or vice versa.It is in the manual though. If you need the info I can look it up and tell you the method.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I have just had a look at the screen and would be hard pushed to decide if the sensor area was circular or rectangular, square with rounded corners would be a better description, this maybe because it is a replacement screen. I’d be inclined to think my car was the 03 model, I had tried the activate/deactivate process some time ago when my mate got his 06 Lag Initale. I had assumed that it was a feature of ph2's until seeing recent posts that some ph1's have auto lights as well...Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is the Privilege late 2002 but it ha satnav and auto xenon lights, if that is what you mean.

The way they work on mine is that when you switch them on, you can see them start from low and rise to a certain level according to how many passengers are in the car. You can see the light rising clearly when you switch it on.
I hope that is what you wanted to know. I am still finding my way around the Laguna.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I have just had a look at the screen and would be hard pushed to decide if the sensor area was circular or rectangular, square with rounded corners would be a better description, this maybe because it is a replacement screen. I’d be inclined to think my car was the 03 model, I had tried the activate/deactivate process some time ago when my mate got his 06 Lag Initale. I had assumed that it was a feature of ph2's until seeing recent posts that some ph1's have auto lights as well...Dave
Ok - yeah the newer versions 04 on have a "roundish" sensor area as opposed to a definate rectangular area on the older one.
When was your car registered? Is it a 53 plate or 03 plate? Auto lights didn't come into play until 53 reg cars for the 04 model, about February 2004 ish.

If your screen has been replaced the sensor may have been damaged in the process.
If when you try to activate/deactivate the lights you do not get a message on the screen telling you about auto lights yoou do not have them.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Mine is the Privilege late 2002 but it ha satnav and auto xenon lights, if that is what you mean.

The way they work on mine is that when you switch them on, you can see them start from low and rise to a certain level according to how many passengers are in the car. You can see the light rising clearly when you switch it on.
I hope that is what you wanted to know. I am still finding my way around the Laguna.
Hi - sorry, it is the "automatic" lighting that we are talking about, i.e when its dark the headlights come on automatically, or when you go in a tunnel etc.

The Lags with Xenon lights have automatic beam height levelling, rather than a conventional switch to adjust the beam height as with normal halogen lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
I have a Laguna 2.2Dci Sports Tourer '04 model (It's got all the bag of mashings - think it's a privelidge) and my self levelling headlights have dropped to a dangerous level for night time driving.
Went to a local Renault dealer and they said the n/s/f sensor is broke but the rear is OK. They quoted me £222.52p to fix this sensor, however on my closer inspection there appears to be a 'rod' missing which connects the axle to a 'swinging arm' type of switch which is connected to the sensor. If you move this arm up & down the headlights adjust with this movement which makes me assume that I would be getting ripped off by this dealer because it appears I only need this 'rod' attachment connected to make the lights work normal again.
It might sound cobblers to people but this is the best way to describe the parts.
Can anyone advise me as to if I can just buy this 'rod' and where.

Regards :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts