Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just got my 2001 laguna back after having the bonnet released and replaced as the cable snapped!
first and foremost if out of warrenty get a good local independent garage to do it i got mine done for 88 quid plus the vat ( for 2 and a half hours work very reasonable) secondly when it is done get some grease and lubricate the catch mechanism failing getting your hands on that use a liberal amount of wd40 and check every time you open the bonett there is not too much "ressistence" when opening it
i did contact renault liverpool but to be honest they were not interested,well they musn't have been as they were talking about 330 quid plus ??? dont get me wrong it is a pain in the ass job but is doable within a few hours ,EB JONES in liverpool did it for me and my wife has used them before and they seem to be quite good and reasonably priced as well ...i think this is going to be another fairly common problem with the laguna II as it was with the laguna I
even though the garage said its the first lag II they have had to do this on ....now i just need to get hold of my radio code...:crazy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh by the way i bought the cable off ebay for £5.50 inc postage(genuine renault part) off ebay so it quickened things up at the garage as i supplied the part for them.
so the grand total inc vat was £107.50 all in inc part

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah yes i am a bham ex pat now living in liverpool for the past 3 years,moved with the wifes job my work lands me all over so doesnt matter where i set up camp so to speak

·
Registered
41 Posts
laguna catch how to stop it breaking

ok here we go this is for the laguna 2 not that 1 was any better ..i got my cable from renult for 50 pence ..and yes i think the guy made a mistake ..but any way ,,when i got a local garage to fix it ..it lasted a bout a 7 month and then ..the pin snaped ,,there is a small plastic pin that holds it on to the metal mount where you pull it ...now this is what you should do as this pin is ...the problem ..if
like mine it snaps fine ..you get a metal bolt and use that just drill through the plastc plate and put new bolt in and it will be far stronger ..and yes as said above keep well greased and if you can get some 1 to push down on the bonnet when you open it as it makes it easer to open ..,,..how hard can it be to make a catch that works come on renult get a grip :steam:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts