Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Laguna II dashboard finish on the radio cover,ashtray,keycard holder and heater controls is chipped and has a sticky feel to it,has anybody successfully removed the top coat or has anybody any ideas on how to smarten it up. It makes what is an immaculate car look tatty inside.
Regards Andy

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Hi Andy,

To me it looks like these parts of the dash are just painted plastic.
I know to get the radio cover out is a big job which involves dismantling the dash but the rest comes out quite easy as it is only cliped in and the heater panel has a couple of screw to hold it in which are accesable once the card reader is removed. Reason I'm saying this is because it might be and idea to just re-paint them if you are handy with a spray can, with the bonus of being able to choose what ever colour you want. You'll just have to leave the radio cover up so it's not seen!
Anohter idea might be to try a bit of T-cut on it and see if that will freshen it up a bit. If that doesn't work try something a bit tougher like a mild cutting compound or a swirl remover.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Getting the radio cover off is not a big job as mentioned above and the dash doesnt need to be dismantled, it can be done in situe but is very fiddly, getting it back on it more tricky that getting it off, as for the rest they are just plastic covers that clip on to the unit underneath.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Getting the radio cover off is not a big job as mentioned above and the dash doesnt need to be dismantled, it can be done in situe but is very fiddly, getting it back on it more tricky that getting it off, as for the rest they are just plastic covers that clip on to the unit underneath.
Hi Huw

Your original description of how to do this seems to have dissappeared. Could you re-post this, I am desperate to know how to do this without removing the dashboard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you get the pictures on how to remove the radio cover. The radio cover on my laguna 2 doesn't stay down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts