Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey todays been a nice day and i was out doin a bit of diy on that bluddy laguna, the drivers door sensor tells me door is open when its shut tight, well today i removed the lock mechanism and called renault for a new 1 and it cost £89 +VAT haaa haaa what a joke, then i called the breakers and no one seems to have a lagunaII, except the renault specalist which dont sell the lock on its own. so then i decided to split it open and ping goes a spring and other loose parts. it took 2 hrs to figure out how to put it back together and then noticed the sensor was working fine, it was the lever that was stuck so the sensor stays closed, opened it up again spent another hour just to find a broken piece of plastic in the way of that lever. well got rid of that and put everything back, now its working fine!! saved nearly 100 quid!!!

now my keycard is F**ked wont lock!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mikey, I have a similar problem with my Laguna. The display on the dash says the door is closed when the door is open and the light on the door does not come on when it is open so I guess the sensor in the lock is stuck etc.

So, I wonder if you could assist me. Is this stuck lever you found only accessible with the lock removed from the door and stripped down?

many thanks,
Paul.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mikey, I have a similar problem with my Laguna. The display on the dash says the door is closed when the door is open and the light on the door does not come on when it is open so I guess the sensor in the lock is stuck etc.

So, I wonder if you could assist me. Is this stuck lever you found only accessible with the lock removed from the door and stripped down?

many thanks,
Paul.
Hi Paul

to solve the problem without costing a fortune is try calling some car breakers to see if you can pick 1 up, unless you are technically minded as there is a lot of springs, levers, sliders etc inside the lock mechinism and when you open it most bits pop out so you would need to piece them back together again. i remember it was a bit tricky but i managed to sort it.
the lever that was stuck is inside the lockwhich has to be removed from the door and then opened up, i couldnt find any easier way to do it.
hope this helps
thanks
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mikey thanks for the quick reply.

When you say pick one up I take it you mean a replacement lock.

I think the fault is intermittant at the moment as I noticed the light on the door didn't come on a few days ago and then the next time I used the car it came on again.

I will do as you say and check out the breakers and have a look on ebay to see what I can find.

Many thanks for the advice,
Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts