Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm hoping to drop the front subframe on my Laguna 1.9 dci sw 2005 to change the anti roll bar bushes (knocking over speed bumps).
The haynes manual gives instruction for fully removing the subframe and the amount of stuff to come off seems excessive.
If anyone has carried out this work would it be possible to get a step by step guide ?
Pics would be good too as on the Haynes scale I'm only about a 2 spanner man!
FYI I'll be doing the drop links as well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm gonna sort of answer my own question.
I found a renault pdf manual which has some pretty clear sketches and if used along side haynes it looks like thats all the info I would need.
Sorry I posted a link to a copyright document earlier and have edited this post to remove the link.
Apologies and thanks for the heads up madnoel10.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
QUOTE=multibob;755727]I'm gonna sort of answer my own question.
I found a renault pdf manual which has some pretty clear sketches and if used along side haynes it looks like thats all the info I would need.
Sorry I posted a link to a copyright document earlier and have edited this post to remove the link.
Apologies and thanks for the heads up madnoel10.[/QUOTE]

Hi did you manage to get it sorted?
I have similar problem and I am looking at doing the same job as you.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:[

I have a creaking noise that has been driving me crazy for the last 8 weeks after changing 2 coil springs , 2 front shocks, 2 anti roll bar drop links and 2 top monts with bearings and still I get the creaking noise at low speeds.
Any help would be very very welcome!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6- boot carpet says March 12, 2001
2,174 Posts
Sorry, not only can't you post a link but you can't refer to the source of the information or even name it. Forum rules.
I thought the latter was OK but it's not.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Sorry, not only can't you post a link but you can't refer to the source of the information or even name it. Forum rules.
I thought the latter was OK but it's not.
Ah no problem I understand that.
Did you find the problem to your creaking suspension?
I just wanted to know if it was the anti roll bar bushes and are they easy enough to access?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I have a clear squeek that sounds when I release the clutch a little quickly during a gear change or when I suddenly accelerate hard.

It does not occur on a downshift nor when applying brakes. Only when I suddenly put forward power through the car.

I'm thinking it is one of the wishbone mounts or perhaps front lower ball joint.

I also have a very subtle vibration when pulling away and this may or may not be related. No strange handling though.

Am I right that the wishbone can not be replaced without dropping the subframe because the bolts are too long to be drawn up and out?

If so, what is involved with lowering the subframe, please? No ramp or pit here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.