Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

One of the Lagunas has the dreaded limp home bug which only comes up every now and then.

After a search on here I see that many people have had the problems solved by cleaned up corrosion on the ECU connectors.

Great, I thought, I'll give that a go and hope for the best. But I was rudely stopped dead in my tracks by these mad things holding the battery tray in. What the hell are they, and how can they be removed!?

I tried a chisel and hammer with no luck, and no screwdriver I could find it B&Q was anywhere near big enough.

I'd really appreciate any Lag II owners who have done this job to let me know how on earth to remove these, I feel like a right amateur.

And sorry about the rubbish quality pics, had to use the iPhone :mad:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Hi. I usually use a long flat head screw driver and a hammer to loosen them off. They must be proper tight if a chisel won't take them off.
If you buy new ones you could drill the heads off and lift the battery box out and the take the studs out with a pair of grips

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey there.
Tools required:
Vicegrips
solid handle Screwdriver type prybar
Hammer
Lock vicegrips onto shaft of prybar. Place prybar head in slot on stud. Apply gentle pressure to vicegrips in a anticlock wise direction. While doing so, gently tap handle down with hammer. The shock will help loosen the stud. Works every time.
Also there is female stud extractors that you can get in any good motor factors, but these tend to leave tracks on stud.
It looks better with no marks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.