Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to get better access to the headlights - there's a loose conection somewhere. Several on here have suggested removing the bumper gives much better access. Any tips or things to watch out for before I get the socket set out? Cheers folks

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Not too hard really, I took mine off in about 45 minutes, if you get the Haynes Manual there are full instructions.

Cheap on ebay.........

eBay.co.uk: BRAND NEW Haynes Renault Laguna 01-05 (X-54) Manual (item 120094318379 end time 08-Mar-07 19:31:50 GMT)

Does need a helper to save scratching the bumper when all connections have been removed though, I used a wife.

The excellent post from our German friend Franz had full instructions with photos but this is seems to be no longer accesible now.
Perhaps Selwonk could retrieve it.

Before you do anything with the xenons check they and the ignition is switched off, 25,000 volts can rattle your teeth. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too hard really, I took mine off in about 45 minutes, if you get the Haynes Manual there are full instructions.

Cheap on ebay.........

eBay.co.uk: BRAND NEW Haynes Renault Laguna 01-05 (X-54) Manual (item 120094318379 end time 08-Mar-07 19:31:50 GMT)

Does need a helper to save scratching the bumper when all connections have been removed though, I used a wife.

The excellent post from our German friend Franz had full instructions with photos but this is seems to be no longer accesible now.
Perhaps Selwonk could retrieve it.

Before you do anything with the xenons check they and the ignition is switched off, 25,000 volts can rattle your teeth. Good luck with it.
cheers Davesss, I'll have a bid (for the book, I have a wife, though could swap if the books in reasonable condition ;) )

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi again, safcbedders.

In the Manual it says to take off the inner plastic wheel arch, this is not necessary, just prise out the front lower 12 inches and you will be able to get to one of the bumper screws, it's quite tough and you won't break it. Get the front of the car up on ramps to make the job easier. I also took off the undertray.

Have a look at this thread, a lot of info on the xenons......

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/laguna/1833-renault-laguna-ii-phase-1-electronics-xenon-headlights-discussion-how-change-out.html?highlight=xenon+headlights

The books on ebay are brand new ! I think there about £18.00 from Halfords.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Haynes Manual and been following it. I have struggled with removing or prising out the front lower end of the inner plastic wheel arch. I want to get at the bolt that ties the bumper on the side. I removed from each side 3 torx 20 screws, 3 plastic plugs and 1 10mm bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts