Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my front windows squeak when they open (no problems when the weather is damp/wet or when closing). Garage has told me it's a common problem, i just need to oil the runners. Can someone give me directions on how to take the front door panel off without breaking it to get at the runners

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Squeaking windows

Hi Ian - you don't need to remove the inner door cover to lube the runners. Try this first and see if it helps - take a bottle of washing up liquid and squirt it down both channels when the window is down - work the window up and down a few times and see if it helps. If it does go get some silicone spray and lash loads into it. If the washing up liquid don't help you may then have to take the door apart and lubricate some other parts of the mechanism. I find this a cheap way of eliminating the problem on a temporary basis as the washing liquid will eventually dry out but the silicon lasts for quite a long time. Don't use oil or any similar based stuff as it will rot the runners, etc.:)

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Just fixed mine with silicon spray ,had to empty quite a bit down there but it did work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts