Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys ive got the standard Laguna CD player in at the moment, its the most basic one they do i think (tuner list model).

I was thinking about fitting something a little bit more powerful yet keeping in with the look of the dash and retaining wheel controls and display.
I noticed they do a Cabasse system which was found on high spec models. I also believe this is 30W rather than 20W.
Anyone got any pictures of one and the main differences? From what i believe the unit looks exactly the same apart from the Cabasse logo in the corner.

I understand all of them can run a standard alpine cd changer and just needs plugging in, however i would prefer an AUX connection for my PDA/ipod.
Would the Cabasse offer this? and would it be a straight replacement?

After a bit more reading, If i bought an "Update List" headunit i can get a £10 cable to do this off ebay. Is this headunit still 20W?

Andy pics and details gratefully received
Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Have you upgraded your speakers yet?

The biggest improvemnet made to any standard fit stereo is by fitting aftermarket speakers. Almost any aftermarket speaker will produce a better sound quality than standard fit ones. Just be careful you buy the right depth so they don't interfere with window regulators,strengthening bars etc.

If you haven't already done so, change your speakers first. You may be pleased with the results that you wont want to bother changing the head unit, just buy a changer for the model you have got.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just been out tonight and tried a few different CD's.
To be honest im pretty impressed by the standard speakers, and the days of me replacing them have gone, to be honest it sounds miles better than my vectra which has uprated JBL components all round!
It lacks 2 things, a tad more power and a sub.
I might watch ebay to see if any cabasse units come up, but ive realise it isn't all that bad, certainly superb considering its standard.

Can you fit an update list unit in place of a tuner list unit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just been out tonight and tried a few different CD's.
To be honest im pretty impressed by the standard speakers, and the days of me replacing them have gone, to be honest it sounds miles better than my vectra which has uprated JBL components all round!
It lacks 2 things, a tad more power and a sub.
I might watch ebay to see if any cabasse units come up, but ive realise it isn't all that bad, certainly superb considering its standard.

Can you fit an update list unit in place of a tuner list unit?
I have just replaced my Cabasse with my old Pioneer DEH-5900MP and it has more weight, power, bass punch and so on. Cabasse looks neat but is a **** :)

Maybe I'll go for a sub, some cheap active one, that's all.

Same thing happened when I tried the same Pioneer instead of original Suzuki SX$ car stereo and WOOW! OK, I changed HF's (High freq. speakers) and the sound is un-bo-li-ve-ab-le.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Andy
did you find out if you can replace a tuner list with an update tuner list?

just wondering as I'm thinking of doing the same!
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts