Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've bought a copy of the Haynes manual for the LagII. Just thumbing through and seen on page 12:25 the wiring for heated front windscreen. Item number 21 shows a pair of heater elements within the windscreen and a pair of relays, 19 and 20. The screen appears to be split into two heated halves.

Anyone know where these relays are?

I didn't even know the LagII had heated front windscreens...! Or is it only on top spec cars?

Cheers
Bob

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Bob - not all are fitted with heated front screens - if you have a close look in bright sunlight you can see the filament wires in the glass.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi madnoel10,

Ah, thanks for that. Ive never seen my screen demist other than from the heater air, but I will check for the filaments.

Just thought I might have a feature on my car I didnt know about! Or that may be broken...

Cheers
Bob

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I don't think it's ever been standard on any of the UK spec Laguna II models, but it's been a factory option on some of them.

I'd have specced it on mine, but for some reason they didn't offer it on the diesels when I ordered the car. Of course, they do now :steam:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Horatio,

Ah that explains it. I don't need to look for one on my car now.
I'm always on the lookout for things I dont know about the LagII, and I thought I'd stumbled on another one!

Only found out about the automatic keycard window/sunroof closing feature after 3 years...!!!!!

Cheers
Bob

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
i thought it was ford that owned the heated windscreen and they wont let any else use them.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Normally if this is fitted there is an extra switch to the left of the heated rear screen switch on the climate control unit.
Regards Leroy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts