Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have tried and tried to prise out the glovebox light unit to replace the bulb, but I can't get it out! Using a mirror, I have prised the tab towards the lens (towards front of car) and it looks like the unit should then drop downwards - but how to apply pressure to do that? I tried poking another screwdriver through the hole that the black plastic plunger pokes through. This is the switch that shuts off the light as the glovebox is closed. I can apply downward pressure and the unit appears to move downward, but the black plastic switch plunger stops it from coming out, because of the glovebox liner. I removed a torx screw at the back of the glovebox, but this didn't let me remove the liner. Has anyone managed to do this???

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Ideally you need to remove the glove box liner. Once the screw has been removed look closely at the inner top and bottom edges and if I remember correctly there should be four small slots. Using a flat broad bladed tool you should be able to depress the edges. This releases the grab clips moulded into the liner allowing the liner to be withdrawn.

Whilst you're in there it would do no harm to check the pollen filter.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok - I feel really stupid now. Thanks for the advice - spot on. Just needed to prise a couple of tags to get the liner out. Then discovered the bulb had not gone at all - it only comes on when the sidelights are on. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.