Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a spare key for my Laguna II Model Privelege LX (2003) as my existing key can unlock the car but cannot lock it.
I'm finding there's a number of them up for sale at Ebay but not sure if compatible or the right one..
It does specify that it has a frequency of 433Mhz and a PFC7947 chip.
Can someone please advise if this is the correct one ?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,868 Posts
yep thats correct for the card, whats the plan once you get it..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep thats correct for the card, whats the plan once you get it..
Thanks for your help.
I just need a backup key as I only have 1 key and it does not lock the car remotely. I have devised a way around to lock it but it's quite cumbersome. Also, I don't feel comfortable to just have 1 key.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,774 Posts
What Ourkid was asking was how are you planning on getting it programmed so it will work on your car?
The "virgin" fob from Ebay is a fancy bit of plastic that will do nothing until you do.
Have you checked with local auto locksmiths that they will do it for you and their charges?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Ourkid was asking was how are you planning on getting it programmed so it will work on your car?
The "virgin" fob from Ebay is a fancy bit of plastic that will do nothing until you do.
Have you checked with local auto locksmiths that they will do it for you and their charges?
Oh I see. Got ya. So programming it for the car to respond is not something I can do, right ?
I will have to check if there's any locksmith that actually sell this kind of key.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not unless you got the right bit of kit.

Use google to shop around your area, there will be locksmiths with the relevant kit
Back to square one. I almost bought the key. I will have to check around. I have not check with Renault as I know this cost an arm and a leg before but will give them a buz too.
Thanks for your advise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts