Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger foot well flooded on saturday, turns out the drain hole in the corner of engine bay on the passenger side was blocked with gunk.

so just a warning to others to check the drain hole!

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Search the forum, there are a lot of posts and threads on flooded Laguna 11s. I don't think Renaults ever tested them in rain.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water has re appeared in the passenger foot well, I can see the water dripping from under the dash just by the door. I suppose I will have to check the drains again. must be one from the sunroof that goes down that way.

anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all
I have done a bit more investigating, removed the front wheel and peeled back the plastic wheel arch liner after removing a plastic bolt and the mud flap they are obvious to remove.

You can see the end of the drain pipe with what I will call a cap with a flap.

I pulled off the cap to leave the end of the pipe exposed.

and a load of gunk fell out as the flap on the cap was preventing the gunk and the water escaping quickly enough.

This resulted in water building up in the sunroof rain channels and escaping via a metal tube in the sunroof just above the drain hole, water then leaked down the A pillar through the dash board an on to the foot well. It currently has foam around it I may put some mastic on it if the problem returns.

Below you can see the cap with a little flap on it, I have removed this cap so that it will let gunk and water run quickly out. Im not sure why the flap is there perhaps to prevent stuff going up it..

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still got water coming down the A pillar. Will try some sealant now around the metal pipe above sunroof drain.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
have you checked out the how to section,i posted some pics that may be of some help to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Passenger foot well flooded on saturday, turns out the drain hole in the corner of engine bay on the passenger side was blocked with gunk.

hi,our megane as been the same for 3 weeks and thought there was a leek will check ours if we can find where the drain pluck is lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
drain hole ?

hi there,how do i get to the drain hole on my megane please
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts