Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the Renault can CliP device with my Laguna II and I found an option to select two power steering 'types'. One is 'Basic' and the other is 'Variable'. It was set to basic.

Has anybody tried setting this to variable?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, well I set it to variable and it gave an error. So I set it back to basic and now the error s still remain! Please can someone help? IThe power steering is working fine.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok chaps, after setting power steering type to 'variable' and then back to 'basic' I am getting the errors below. I hope somebody can help me stop this coming up! I guess my Lag II doesn't have variable power steering which is why it was set to 'Basic' in the first place.

I can also find reference to variable power steering in these screens, again even though I have returned the setting to basic.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Ssashton - please do not post screen dump images from either copyright or illegal software. Doing so is in breach of the forum rules - thank you.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,018 Posts
A screen dump from a lawfullly owned device, posted for the purpose of getting advice about it, is against the rules? Crumbs. How are we supposed to learn about these things?
FYI the copyright in the image belongs to the person who took it, presumably the OP.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
A screen dump from a lawfullly owned device, posted for the purpose of getting advice about it, is against the rules? Crumbs. How are we supposed to learn about these things?
FYI the copyright in the image belongs to the person who took it, presumably the OP.
Most software is copyright protected which means distributing it or any image from it is included. Plus as the Clip software is an illegal clone all the more reason to protect the forum. If you wish to dispute it then I suggest you take it up with the company or idividuals who write or own the rights to the software.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This forum seems super sensitive about such things. Has it had problems in the past?

I hope this forum owns the original copyright of that Clio image in the banner ;)

Could someone recommend a forum where I can get expert advice about this matter without being gagged?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I got a solution and it was simple - disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Apparently when you disconnect and reconnect the battery, the UCH will 'resynchronise'.

However I now have a different error that wasn't there before, it is DF053 Vehicle Speed Information - Def1: The speed signal supplied by the ABS is missing. It's strange because I didn't have this before now. I took it for a short (just round the block) drive and the error remains. No ABS or ESP light though, this is on the UCH and only visible with CliP.

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
Have you tried resetting it since you drove it?
Disconnecting battery threw up some problems for me when I did it without following the wait 5 minutes rules.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,018 Posts
Most software is copyright protected which means distributing it or any image from it is included. Plus as the Clip software is an illegal clone all the more reason to protect the forum. If you wish to dispute it then I suggest you take it up with the company or idividuals who write or own the rights to the software.
As a photographer copyright and IP is my stock in trade. There are a lot of misapprehensions so should you think it necessary feel free to seek my advice on it.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you tried resetting it since you drove it?
Disconnecting battery threw up some problems for me when I did it without following the wait 5 minutes rules.
Hi,

What is the 5 minute wait rule? You mean keep it disconnected for 5mins?

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
As a photographer copyright and IP is my stock in trade. There are a lot of misapprehensions so should you think it necessary feel free to seek my advice on it.
We work to the forum rules as we interpret them & FYI not so long back as an team we approached the forums owner asking if we are being to strict with our interpretation of the rules, again FYI the owner of Renault Forums also owns 10s of other forums, he replied to our request stating that we are doing exactly what he would want us to do, furthermore, he went on to say "I wished that all of the other forums were run in the same manner"

Thank you very much for the offer of help, however it must be said ATM we don't appear to need it.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
If (and I really do mean 'if') the software and hardware used on these tools were sourced legally from the system owners (i.e. Renault, not some cloned copy bought from some far-flung land off an auction site) - then yes, discussions would be so much freer and it would give us as a mod team an easier time.

But it isn't, so 'we' have to choose the more difficult legal and moral stance, not to make life difficult for our members, but simply to ensure the forum's future and continuity for all.

I think you need to step-back and see the 'bigger picture' (pun intended).

I hope this clarifies some of the thoughts and efforts we have made regarding this topic, and justifies our reasons why.

Paul

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If (and I really do mean 'if') the software and hardware used on these tools were sourced legally from the system owners (i.e. Renault, not some cloned copy bought from some far-flung land off an auction site) - then yes, discussions would be so much freer and it would give us as a mod team an easier time.

But it isn't, so 'we' have to choose the more difficult legal and moral stance, not to make life difficult for our members, but simply to ensure the forum's future and continuity for all.

I think you need to step-back and see the 'bigger picture' (pun intended).

I hope this clarifies some of the thoughts and efforts we have made regarding this topic, and justifies our reasons why.

Paul
While I think that this topic should be given a thread of its own, it is important that all forum users realise that we live in a claim culture. If this forum adheres strictly to copyright laws, then it will always be available to people who really need expert help and advice.

Regards

Keith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts