Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all bought a 51 laguna off ebay problem it has is the immob light is flashing rappid and the steering lock wont come off is there any things i could try to solve this ?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
SOunds to me like a card reader fault, mine does this intermittently and I assume it is related to the micro switch inside the reader that recognises when the card is in the slot.

Try gently pushing downwards on the card as you push it in, does the job for me on the occasions I have this problem.

Must get round to sorting that card reader. :eek:

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Sorry, another possibility, do you have more than one card?

If so try the other, I assume you have, ohterwise does your card rattle? If so there are places that will repair cards for £25.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thanks for the advice i shall try this, i did however speak to a rather nice chap at my local renault garage, who told me he had one in with the same issue last week and is only one of two things:

1, Faulty Card Reader Just Wiggle the card
2, Somthing inside of the card broken

£130 New key and recoding or £90 and they will supply the key coded and i can do it myself if i like, very very helpful any issues i suggest you phone William A Lewis Renault Shrewsbury 01743 450030 :)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Hi Thanks for the advice i shall try this, i did however speak to a rather nice chap at my local renault garage, who told me he had one in with the same issue last week and is only one of two things:

1, Faulty Card Reader Just Wiggle the card
2, Somthing inside of the card broken

£130 New key and recoding or £90 and they will supply the key coded and i can do it myself if i like, very very helpful any issues i suggest you phone William A Lewis Renault Shrewsbury 01743 450030 :)
The two exact things I thought, I will say that cards can be repaired, I had one done recently all the buttons and immobiliser chip resoldered onto the board and it now works fine for only £25. There are more and more places where cards can be reprogrammed too.

I have heard, but not tried it yet, that if you get a can of compressed air, one of those air duster things, and spray it into the reader it can dislodge dust which builds up on the micro switch that detects the card and can solve this problem.

For only about £6 I should really give this a go.

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
there are threads on here about fixing card reader issues.

having a spare (second hand one) kicking about is always a good idea.

if its the steering lock, then its gonna be a pain to fix.

if you have the spare keyfob, then its low risk to pull one apart if its playing up and checking the components on the pcb to see if any are loose or have bad solder joints. use araldite to reglue it back together.

hope the pics help :d

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey chaps just joined this forum as got the same keycard prob n simply doing the preverbial head in!!....but suppose my fault as I have had this prob for a while now..but just kept wiggling the card in the reader slot till ignition eventually came on...ha...till that fatefull day when......s**t!!..I did qualify as a mechanic after I left school to many years ago to remember(When we fixed cars rather than fit a new wee black electronic box!!)...but electronics got me screwed...so advice from you more learned guys much appriciated...cause dont wanna spend a forturne...but need this car guys!!....thks..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi I had the same promlem caused through water in the ECH Draining in through the Chanels from the sun roof. Have a look to see if there is any water in the fuse board inside the drivers door on the side of the dash. If theres any water or dampnes in the footwell it will be caused by this.You can contact me on 07817527247 Dave:mad:

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi all bought a 51 laguna off ebay problem it has is the immob light is flashing rappid and the steering lock wont come off is there any things i could try to solve this ?
I have a feeling that this is going to be a long thread:d

The fast flashing means that the card was not recognised.

This could be a fault in the reader, card or (less likely) in the UCH.

As mentioned the cards can be fixed; infact both of mine are 'sealed' with tape so I can get them open easily.

Card readers can be fixed but a replacement might be best.

The Clip diagnosic tool will likely give you the root of the problem. It'll indicate if the card is detected and if so if the card code is read but not recognised.

Ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts