Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone advise me how this is done and where the main mounting points are?

Some bugger has hit mine taking a load of paint off the corner and leaving a dent line in it, so its time for a new one.

Andy

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Andy - had a look in the haynes manual - idealy you need to jack up the rear of the car and start dismantling.
Remove the rear lamps to expose the upper retaining screws (2 each side). Underneath there are 3 retaining clips - you then need to start removing the rear inner wheel arch covers to undo the rest of the clips, etc. Considering the cost of a replacement bumper and the cost of getting it painted it may be more cost-effective to have one of the dent fixing companies to give you a quote and they may be able fix it in situ.,:)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andy - had a look in the haynes manual - idealy you need to jack up the rear of the car and start dismantling.
Remove the rear lamps to expose the upper retaining screws (2 each side). Underneath there are 3 retaining clips - you then need to start removing the rear inner wheel arch covers to undo the rest of the clips, etc. Considering the cost of a replacement bumper and the cost of getting it painted it may be more cost-effective to have one of the dent fixing companies to give you a quote and they may be able fix it in situ.,:)
Thanks
Im ideally on the lookout for a written off car with perfect rear bumper in the same colour, i wouldnt bother with getting a different coloured one and having it painted.
I'll try the companies, but i would want the job to be 100% or near, as im very picky about my bodywork and being a detailer it needs to be perfect

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Is it too far gone for a "smart repair" - usually around £100 and can be done outside your home or at your place of work, so long as there is access to a 13Amp power socket?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres a couple of chips of paint gone down to the plastic around 5mm in size, and at the impact point theres a crease and due to the crease theres a raised bit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts