Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna II sat nav

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  mord 
#1 ·
carminat sat nav upgrade to what?

This is my second of 3 posts today!
Anyway I've just purchased a 51 plate Initiale v6 24 valve estate.The carminat sat nav CD which comes with the car, I would think, could do with an upgrade.I have no manual for the aforementioned, something I'll rectify. My question is: what do you all recommend I upgrade to? Our how far can I upgrade to with this make and model of sat nav?
Thinking of purchasing the upgrade you all recommened from ebay.

#4 ·
Re: carminat sat nav upgrade to what?

reno still do upgrade disks for these.... but at a price (no supprise:eek:)

there are still other suppliers out there in the interwibble.......

:d

#5 ·
Re: carminat sat nav upgrade to what?

There are a few carminat sat nav disc's going on ebay.
My disc is a CD rom Disc from a 51 plate 2001/2002 laguna initiale Part No T1000-4540
My question is can I purchase a DVD disc or does it have to be a CD rom disc for my particular model of car.
As an example here's a disc available on ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Sat-N...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1c201dd8

G
#8 ·
Re: Latest carminat sat nat disc

Please look through the forum rules regarding this....

You should also remember that RenaultForums does not under any circumstances allow the reproduction of copyrighted material. This includes, but is not restricted to:

a) PDF documents such as Dialogys files
b) Screen prints from commercial software
c) Information from copyrighted pages on other web sites
d) Pirated software
e) Scans of printed documents
f) etc. etc.

Please do not circulate copyrighted material anywhere on RenaultForums. This includes public areas of the forum and private messages (PMs)

We can not stress highly enough how important it is that this rule is not broken

#11 ·

Me too.As my Initiale is a 51 plate I require a CD version NOT DVD version, so any of the knowledgeable on here, please reply to our pleas for help.
Hello there ,i to have a 2004 initiale and could do with an update , while on the subject the version i have is a very basic 2d map view ,would an updated cd /dvd give me a more upto date sat-nav ie: simular to a tomtom igiving 3d maps etc... ? and post code search ? Thanks Richie.

#12 ·

Hi All

I cheapskated out and bought an 08 nav cd on ebay (for Renault or Nissan systems), but had recommendations from sat-navi.com

someone else also recommended buying a disc from france and having it shipped, which apparently is a lot cheaper than UK dealers.

#13 ·
Hi Im now to this forum so im sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i need you help with a couple of issues.

1. a mate of mine downloaded a newer copy of the map software for my Laguna and it works but when i go into destination and try to put a address in it only wants to find French address. I have put my original old 2004 disc and it still says the same and i cant find anywhere in the settings to change it.

2. My sat nav doesnt seem to like it when i go around roundabouts or when i pull off slip roads its like it cant keep up so i have to adjust my current location all the time. Im hoping that i just need a new GPS ariel but please update me with your thoughts.

3, and Finally my reversing sensors have decided to stop working. When i select reverse it works for a couple of seconds then i get a log beep and they stop working.:confused:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions

#14 ·
Updating Laguna II Sat Nav

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked 1,000,000 times before but I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers about updating my sat nav... I've only had the car about three weeks and twice now it has been confused because it thinks I'm rallying across a field when in fact I'm on a new bypass.

I had a look on Reno's website and it said a huge number and for that price I'll rekindle my map skills.

Two questions:
1) Where can I get a cheap CD that won't kill the car or the sat nav lady
2) Where do I put it? This is probs a bit naive but I've got in total 7 CD slots on dash!!

Thanking you :)

#15 ·
Re: Updating Laguna II Sat Nav

Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

I have merged you're thread into one that concerns the same subject,if you read back through it you should find a few answers.

Just a reminder to everyone though,we have to be very careful about leaving links to copied/less than official sat-nav discs,of course they are available but we as a forum cannot be seen to promote them.

Many thanks.:)

#16 ·
I'm behaving with this car I usually cobble anything together and patch up stuff myself - usually this would be the point where I trundle off to utorrent (I know, I'm terrible!)

But I've read a few horror stories on the internet where people have got a knock off CD and it killed the Sat Nav lady off :( And we're just starting to make progress after a couple of weeks...

#17 ·
you should see my satnav unit, its a real lash-up.(privilege upgraded to initial(almost) made up of wiring from 2 cars and sat nav system from 3rd)

i did get a couple of cd's i got a 09/10 uk cd and sourced a central/southern eu cd (06) which is better than nothing for travel across the eu.

just a pity that the later dvd versions are incompatable regarding file format with the older cd versions.

#21 ·
there is a setting on the satnav that updates the position, just set to highest refresh rate.

did you check the satnav gps cable as it routes through the car down the drivers side to the rear quarter for pinched or disconnected cable/connectors.

regarding sensors, you will need to disconnect the rear bumper and get the 2 connector blocks cleaned/refitted.
they are on the rear corner, drivers side. you will have to remove the rear splash guards in the rear arches as they are all screwed/clipped together.
its a 2 man job to lift the bumper off/on. you can partly remove one side and get am arm up to the connectors and dis/re-connect them, though better to remove the entire bumper in one go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.