Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Its been a while since my last post and have now changed my car from the Megane Coupe to a Laguna II ST.

It was serviced when i bought it but it wasn't from a Renault dealer. The following message is now in the main computer screen. "SERVICE". I have checked the service indicator on the odo and it is stating just over 17K to next service. The user manual states "min wash fluid" with the SERVICE message lit.

The washer level is fine. Does anyone know why this message is on and how to get rid of it?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
If the mileage to next service is correct (which it seems it is) this message is for something else, not a general service. The spanner symbol should also have gone. You do not to carry out a "reset" as it looks as though it has been done. DOing it again will only reset the mileage to 18k again.

The orange SERVICE message is not an urgent item thst requires immediate attention. It is for low screen wash level etc. I assume the oil level is also correct? Do you get any other warning lights?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

No warning message at all. Once you put the card in and the system powers up the screen states START. Once started it goes straight to CHECKING SYSTEM and then switches to SERVICE and stays like that until you engage cruise or do something which has a display item.

If you hold the end stalk button in and then insert the card it goes into test mode. If you then keep pressing the button it scrolls the following. LOW FUEL, BATTERY CHARGE but not SERVICE. All fluids have been checked and are all fine.

Its a real strage one this and its driving me mad.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yes it is a strange one. The only time we ever get this it is also accompanied by a low screen wash level message as well. It alternates between the two messages.

Unless you have a faulty screen wash level sensor, but then I would also expect the screen wash message as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have now managed to check most of sensors in the car except for the screenwash one, as I can't locate it. I can't see how to remove the bottle without dismantling most of the components around it.

That "SERVICE" message just will not go away. Any other ideas folks?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I have had the service message appear and it can mean a variety of things including faulty lights in my case a side light bulb.. Does your car have the voice thingy on it? if so switch it on and it will tel you whats up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, No it doesn't have the voice module. I've checked almost everything on the car and everything is working fine. It's starting to look like a faulty sensor so I may have to send it to Renault to get it on a computer to check the logged faults and get them cleared down.

Is there an aftermarket gadget than can read and clear the faults that doesn't cost the earth?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Service Message

Hello,

Did you ever get to the bottom of the Service warning? My Laguna has just started doing the same thing.....gotta love Renault!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a toggle switch at the bottom of the bottle,that's the fault, take offside wheel off then inside wheel arch trim, unplug the toggle switch "water will drain out", wait till its drained then move toggle switch up and down then put back in. problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts