Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.9DCi Laguna (2005) is due it's first timing belt change (45Kmile)!

I am planning to visit my dad over Easter weekend and it is a 900 mile round trip (450 there on Friday and 450 backon Monday)!

My Laguna currently has 39500miles on the clock and I tried to book it into the garage before I went but the earliest I could get it in is Wednesday next week!

Do you think it'll be ok to do my trip and then have it done next Wednesday as planned when I get back? Or is hiring a car for the journey a better idea (£175 for a Mondeo/Vectra/Laguna for a weekend hire)!

I'm a bit paranoid about it hence why I am booking it in 5000miles earlier than recommended!

Help appriciated :)

A

·
0 Posts
A QUICK CALL TO THE GARAGE AND OBTAINING THEIR ADVICE SHOULD DO TO PUT YOUR MIND AT REST.

THERE WILL BE ALLOWANCES BUILT IN FOR THIS KIND OF THING. I DO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. IT
IS STILL WELL BEFORE THE 45Kmile SERVICE. IT WILL STILL BOIL DOWN TO HOW YOU FEEL AT THE END OF THE DAY.

SORRY I CAN'T BE OF MUCH HELP TO YOU.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The Cambelt replacement interval is 72K miles or 5 years whichever comes sooner.. So why are you replacing it at 45K?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Laguna manual it is 45k.

Remember mine is the post face lift 2005 version. But it defo says 45k in my manual!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts