Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe any one know if the plastic sprung parts (u shaped at hinge) which hold the fuel flap shut can be replaced.

One of mine has broken off and the other is quite weak so both will require replacing (assuming they aren't actually one part).

Thanks in advance

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi tomandjo

Not sure but it may be worth asking a dealer,or wait for a laguna II member to answer (I wouldn't mind betting the problem has been seen before).

:) :)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,062 Posts
I appreciate it's an old post but I would like to know if these clips are available & possibly a part number for them ?

Cheers.

·
2,062 Posts
No reference to the clips or part numbers in the link you posted.....is it the correct link?

Cheers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
No reference to the clips or part numbers in the link you posted.....is it the correct link?

Cheers.
Sorry mate I have too much spare time, that was a thread that went very silly very quickly, though you could tape your flap as a temporary measure!

·
2,062 Posts
I knew what you meant by the link.......I was just winding you up with my last post :devil: ;)

To be honest it's not so much keeping the fuel flap closed it's keeping it open when filling up, it constantly swings shut so you have to hold it open when trying to get the nozzle in which is mildly annoying.

After ringing Renault I think the clips are available, the parts bloke I spoke to described them and they sound to be the right thing......listed at a reasonable 12p each :eek: .....unfortunately he wouldn't give me the part number of the clips, apparently they're not allowed to give out part numbers any more!

This is what the clips look like....

Laguna sports tourer fule flap clip E.jpg

Cheers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I knew what you meant by the link.......I was just winding you up with my last post :devil: ;)

To be honest it's not so much keeping the fuel flap closed it's keeping it open when filling up, it constantly swings shut so you have to hold it open when trying to get the nozzle in which is mildly annoying.

After ringing Renault I think the clips are available, the parts bloke I spoke to described them and they sound to be the right thing......listed at a reasonable 12p each :eek: .....unfortunately he wouldn't give me the part number of the clips, apparently they're not allowed to give out part numbers any more!

View attachment 108113

Cheers.
And the receipt will say
2 x (part number) @ 0.12 e.a.

·
2,062 Posts
Aye, you'll get the part number when you buy something but they won't give you the number over the phone.

Cheers.

·
2,062 Posts
.... After ringing Renault I think the clips are available, the parts bloke I spoke to described them and they sound to be the right thing......listed at a reasonable 12p each :eek: .....unfortunately he wouldn't give me the part number of the clips, apparently they're not allowed to give out part numbers any more!

View attachment 108113

Cheers.
I forgot about this thread, so just to give my conclusion...

I ordered the part thought to be the clips, they even looked like the correct part on the computer screen at the dealers, unfortunately a week later when they arrived in stock they were nothing like the clips required.

So from my findings the clips aren't available unless you buy the whole assembly, great design Renault :frown2:

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts