Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What possibilities are there for tuning the V6 in a laguna II? I've already put in a K&N panel filter (apparently no induction kit is available yet). I've seen a few exhausts around (Renault & K-Tec racing). What do people recommend?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I've just had a look at the Superchips website and unfortunately they don't do a chip for your car,only the earlier 194bhp Laguna 1 phase 2.:(

It might be worth contacting them to see if they're developing a chip for your car or finding someone who could remap your current ECU.Big gains aren't likely,but the difference would be noticeable after a proper,professional remap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, very true. I'd just like to add that little bit more, or improve it slightly in my own way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you put a good exhausts on poss removing catts But put on for mot and a good air filter will give you better throttle responce and a bit on performance but if you go down the line of ecu chips etc.....say good buy to your fuel!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
An electric supercharger should give you some extra welly and a reasonable amount of bang for your buck, as long as you've got room to fit it.

A lot of people seem to think these are 'snake oil', but Donald has one on his Espace and seems pretty chuffed with it.

Here's a link found at random. $124 including International shipping and handling, works out at less than £65 at today's exchange rates :p

They say they throw in a free performance chip too, but I suppose that's subject to availability for your particular car.

Electric Superchargers from Shoreline Technologies, the only quality Supercharger on the net!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think i might just stick to sports exhaust for now. I know the filter and exhaust will make the engine breathe better and i'm already getting better mpg. I'll leave the bodykit & ecu remap till later

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Laguna V6 performance

Had a mate tried it all - wasted all his hard earned cash - twiddling with the induction or exhaust won't really increase performance noticably - might sound a bit racier and noisier but thats all - tweaking the ECU may help a bit but not as much as these guys promise. Bumping more fuel in at times will actually reduce performance - more fuel means reduced operating temperatures -which in turn reduces how much of the fuel is actually converted into the energy out-put of the engine. Ask anybody that has done a bit of racing or rallying and they'll tell you to start inside the engine first - thats big money! When rallying the first money spent is on the transmission and braking system -as any idiot can drive fast but not necesarily stop or slow down when necessary. Overall speed will depend on accelearation and braking. I drive a 1994 Clio diesel - it will do 120MPH eventually but you could'nt stop it at those speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, sorry to resurrect this old thread but I am trying to fit a K&N filter to my '99 3.0 Lag and according to the K&N website there are 2 available (one for the 12v 170bhp car, one for the 24v 210bhp car)
Anyway, I bought the 24v one and it don't fit! too big. Am I right in suspecting the airbox was carried over from the older car on some of the newer 24v models?

if so, I have a K&N filter, still in wrapper, part number 33-2237 available for sale.

J

·
0 Posts
What possibilities are there for tuning the V6 in a laguna II? I've already put in a K&N panel filter (apparently no induction kit is available yet). I've seen a few exhausts around (Renault & K-Tec racing). What do people recommend?
Thought about remapping???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Laguna II 3.0 V6 Tuning

Is it possible in any way to chip or modify a 2001 3.0 V6 laguna 2 in terms of performance?? Been looking on the web and can't seem to find much on this or any other type of tuning other then replacing the airfilter. I'd appreciate any comments on this.

Cheers
JC Webber

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, what is wrong with the performance of your V6 and do you have the manual or auto gearbox
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Stick a bottle NOS on it :)

I think its fast enough, but if you are going to go down the tuning route read well into it first, the V6 clio's use the same engine as our's, L7X but I think they are kicking out 260/280 bhp where as the lag is 210, the improvements to the clio engine include intake and exhaust, pistons lighter flywheel etc, not a light undertaking or cheap.
But look into this aswell, the gearbox on the lag SU1 is not far off the limit it can handle from the 210 L7X engine I think.

Leave the lag alone or go buy a clio and frighten yourself to death :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts