Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some one can shed a little light on my problems!!

To cut a long story short Following the heavy rain(Driving thru standing water on the passenger side the following has happened.

1-tyre pressure check not functioning the "lady" keeps telling me.The LCD Diagram of the car on the dash next to the clock has no wheels on it and the display on the instument panel is orange again no wheels and says sensor fault.

2- There is a snaped cable on the underside of the car running alaong side the brake pipes.The cable contains a RED BLACK and PINK wire.
Any ideas what this is?
Is this the cause of the above?

3-the Radio and Clock display have stoped working.The radio made a loud crackle(much to my sons amusement)and the display flashed for a minute the went dead.

4-the drivers and passenger windows will only go up an inch at a time.

No of these problems were present before the bad weather.And only started about 8 hours after the puddle incident.

any help would be welcome.

Cheers:mad:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It sounds like your car has lost power at some stage...

The windows sound like they just need re-programming.One at a time,put the window right down and hold the button down.Then put the window right up,and hold the button up.This should teach the window it's parameters and all should be well.

Check the fuse under the ashtray for the radio problem.

It also sounds like the tyre pressure monitoring system is damaged.There should be a black box underneath the car and these have a habit of becoming dislodged and damaged(especially after driving through deep puddles!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed-Sorry for the delay.

It would appear the the receiver is missing!

I can only presume the unit has become dislodged by the water! or someone has swiped it!!!!

Replaced the fuse and all seems ok.

Many thanks for the tips you have been a great help.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts