Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an orange/yellow warning light iluminated continously. It is at the bottom right of the speedo and according to the handbook could be:
1. coolant warning light
2. injection system warning light
3. Fume warning light
As the book doesn't indicate which, how can I tell. The coolant is at the correct level and engine temp within correct parameters. The injection system appears to be working correctly with no change to performance at any speed or acceleration, and we have not noticed any fumes or odd smells within the passenger compartment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My first post - happy t have found a forum with so much info covering my car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
236 Posts
hi there off the top of my head cant think what it is or cause could be but i will be back by end of play tonite.
goodluck bigshow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warning Light Problem

Thanks for the responses,

I phoned Renault today as I have a longish journey on Thursday and didn't really fancy breaking down far from home.

After a great deal of discussion it would appear to be caused by a misfire over a short period time that has actived the fume filter warning light, the misfire causing an unsavoury cocktail of fumes (smelling of rotten eggs), I remember this about a week ago - smell lasted about five minutes. Misfire seems to be intermittent and an indication that some servicing might be appropriate, even though there is still 6k miles remaining before next service interval.

The light in question would apear to have several functions depending on whether it flashes or illuminates permanently.

Renault have offered to reset the light for £45 or I can hang off until service time and have it reset then as part of the service.

I will probably get it reset, as once they have connected it the laptop all checks will come up and if anything more serious appears I'll know about then.

Thanks again - apologies about posting this on my welcome post as opposed to the correct forum.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
236 Posts
hi there sorry its later than i thought id be, yes it is the toxic fume light that has come on be cause of the misfire gasses picked up in the exhaust system! b y the exra information youve given id say it sounds like you may be getting water in the coil/spark plug ports! take the coils out and look for any water staining on the coils! itl look brown and stained! if you do find them in that condition then clean the coils up and replace the spark plugs, using some water resistant sealer put a fair amount around the coil just below the bolt hole area and put them back in!
save your money and dont have the computer cleared just yet!
goog luck bigshow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I too have encountered this today, we went over to blackpool for the day (aprox 70 miles) and all was fine, then we went from blackpool down to southport (aprox30 miles of quite good roads 30-50 mph limits), half way through this journey the Toxic Fume Filter light lit and stayed on, there is no noticable difference in performance and we drove the 70 miles home again without problems (its sunday what are we supposed to do), tomorrow i will contact Dixons Huddersfield for advice.

my car is a 2002 (51 plate) Laguna 1.8 petrol Dynamique

thanks to your thread i can safely determine it would cost me about £45 to get it reset but as i bought the car in february this year and its "service" was a simple oil change i will plump for the full service and get the fault light reset hopefully included in the service price,

hope you get yours sorted out too.:)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top