Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

After a whole day of surfing your huge posting and problem solving articles database, I haven´t found the solution to the problem I have in my 2003 Laguna II. I have also tried to post in the mechanical forums, but it seems I dont have enough privileges to do it. So here is my question, hope somebody can help me out!

After hundreds of bills spent reparing the OEM xenon headlights in my car (balasts, bulbs, etc) I´ve decided to swap the headlight units from OEM xenon to OEM halogen. I've read that the opposite way can be done (even being very expensive), but I just wanted to know if I can install a pair of halogen headlight units without burning all my savings. Is it posible to just plug in the new halogen units using the 3 regular cables (power, beam and indicators) and skiping the balast? Or do I have to modify the cables and conectors to fit them into the halogen units?

Thank you very much for any help given. Best regards from Spain!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
You will have to install a switch to adjust headlights, good thing is the wiring is behind your panel just to the right of where the switch would fit if normal.
You will have to change the configuration in the UCH to normal bulbs ( non xenon), also different headlight units.
What is giving you so Many problems,,
Xenon are a reliable system, strange to hear of having many issues.!!!
If you could explain, perhaps we can help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ours2012!

Thank you very much for your quick answer, I really apreciate!

Sorry for my bad english, but I dont understand very well your advices. Which is the switch that you refer to? And in which is the panel where it is located? Thanks a lot again for your help!

The problems I'm having are due to the balasts, they seem to get burnt inside or something. I've replaced 3 in the last year, and none of the mechanics I've asked would find the problem. I just replace them and pray for them to have a long life haha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts