Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can any-one tell me how to fix a problem I have with this, the N/S headlamp doesn't appear to "self-level" when I start up, the O/S is fine. I've read in other threads about "reinitialising" the self-levelling headlamps, but can't find anything else - thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,
Can any-one tell me how to fix a problem I have with this, the N/S headlamp doesn't appear to "self-level" when I start up, the O/S is fine. I've read in other threads about "reinitialising" the self-levelling headlamps, but can't find anything else - thanks
I take it you mean the N/side light doesn't move when turning igniton on (whilst lights already on) to see the 'self check' dip and rise of the lights??

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,

You're right, to make sure I parked in front of a shop front. When I turned on the ignition, then the lights, the O/S headlamp went up, then down and then settled, the N/S light just comes on. I've manually adjusted the N/S headlight using the adjuster on top the light, but I'm a bit worried that this will fail an MOT as both lights should be self-levelling. I've read on other threads that the sensors are mounted somewhere on the O/S of the car, and that the connectors to the headlamps may need checking for water ingress. Do I need to take off the bumber to get to the lights.

Sorry for the length of this post, but any help would be appreciated.:eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
From what you've said it sounds it's the 'leveler' itself in the headlight that's at fault.

Inspect/disconnect/re-connect any terminations around the headlight area.

I don;t think the leveling system is part of an MOT only the fact the headlights should be correctly alighed with correct beam pattern.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts