Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I've just joined as a member. I need your help.
I bought my Laguna (03 plate) 2 years. I changed its timing belt at 71000 miles. Few months ago I heard rattling noises under the bonnet. I thought the timing belt had not been fitted properly so I took the car to the Garage. They said it was nothing to do with timing belt and changed the Alternator belt free of charge. The problem did not stop there. 2 weeks ago my car had broken on the motor way. AA man attended & said timing belt had broken. Then he towed the car to the original Garage. They refused to accept the liability saying that the alternator belt slipped, which then broke timing belt pulley. Warranty Company refused to pay for the repair. So I had to pay £700 for new pulley, timing belt, alternator belt and replacing 16 valves. I felt cheated by the Garage. However as some one who doesn’t know much about car repairs ,I am unable to argue with them. Can somebody explain this to me please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think a new tension kit was fitted at that time. It was my warrenty company who intruduced me to this particular Garage though not for this job but for a smaller job. ( Door lock issue).

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the forums Originalgk.

Seems rather hard that you had to carry the cost of all the repairs, Another Member might be able to assist you further on this issue.

Regards

Ottoman

O

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have I dreamt this or did this very same thing happen to another member recently?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts