Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.5dci Laguna III and my daughter decided to roll a small rubber ball on the top of the dash. It rolled down towards the screen before falling into the vent.

Bought a cheap endoscope off eBay and I can see the ball but it's jammed the flap that controls the air flow, so now I get screen and feet only. I've tried a flexible claw to grab it, but it doesn't hold tight enough before jumping off the ball. I then tried some welding rod bent to shape but the location of the ball stops it from getting near the ball to pop it loose.

Anyone know how to get into this to clear this blockage?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,390 Posts
Is it a hard or soft ball? What size is it? Could you use a vacuum cleaner and seal up the gaps with cloth to increase the suction effect?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,785 Posts
Can get small crevice attachments for hoovers .. mainly used for keyboards etc

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,868 Posts
Can you fasten a needle or pin to something and stick it into the ball before pulling it out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way to get a vacuum in there and it's a hard rubber ball about 1 inch diameter.

Location is the right hand side demist vent just by the scuttle panel inside the car. Movement is limited due to having a windscreen in the way and it's about 6-8 inches down inside the dash.

The flexi grabber I have has a strong grip but the ball is wedged in :(

Was hoping someone knew of an access panel for maintenance of the heat exchanger / fan or similar as I can't believe there isn't one for objects dropping in.

Have included some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems the forum is on a go-slow as replied ages ago and still not posted up. Included pics too.

No way hoover or pin is going to work guys. Vacuum won't be anywhere near enough and pin will just bend, even if I could get in to jam it into the ball. If I can't get a bent coat hanger into the pipe then that is a no-go.

·
Super Moderator
13,631 Posts
PT means his posts are slow to appear. This must be cos his posts need to be moderated for now as he's a new member on the forum.
Or needed to refresh page. If DD has replied, then it ain't moderator delay, just that PT hasn't seen it. This forum doesn't auto refresh like say FaceAche does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts