Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my new Renault Laguna III, 57 plate (2008) Initialie. The only thing Im miffed about is the lack of iPod connectivity.

I've been reading the forums, and it's not exactly clear how much is supports.

The car has the Bluetooth Phone, Sat Nav screen, CD Player, called Cabasse Tronic/Carminat. 2D/3D? No idea.

I see the Renault page for the Multi Function Tune Point reports its not compatible with the Cabasse, yet after removing the radio, I see at the back, an ISO Connector, a yellow mini ISO, another white connector of some description, three Fakra aerials (blue, yellow and white), and what looks like another mini ISO connector that has a dash of blue paint - possibly C3 for a CD Changer.

So Im gathering this is a TunerList variant.

Im also guessing something like the X Car Link would work? However I'd prefer full iPod connectivity.

What I'd probably next be looking at therefore, is to replace the radio entirely, looks like a nice standard ISO single DIN fitting, no external AMP so just a wiring harness.

I may even look to find a head unit with video out so I can either hook into the SatNav screen or replace the screen with something the same size.

Which would then just leave integration for Handsfree and the steering wheel controls.

So, questions really:

1) Anyone had any success with an X-Car Link or any in a similar setup?
2) Anyone changed their radio completely and hooked up an aftermarket head unit to the screen/changed the screen?
3) What does the yellow mini ISO and the big white connector do?
4) Possible to integrate the handsfree and/or steering wheel controls to an aftermarket radio?

Simon

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
How about the Renault Tunepoint?
Not 100% it will work with your headunit but would be surprised if it didn't. Gives control over iPod etc, works well in my car,,,,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I popped into my local Renault and they said they don't do them any more!

But the Multi Function Tune Point page, says it's not compatible with the Cabasse Radio CD Player. Im presuming that's what I have, but my understanding, is that the TunePoint is just like an X CarLink or something, so should pop into the CD Changer port.

Does yours give you CD Text?

I think the cheap option is something like the Tune Point or X Car Link.

But I would really prefer full iPod control. So I'd probably be looking at changing the screen and fitting an after market head unit that has Video Out and no screen. Can't find one though.

Oh well.

Thanks
Simon

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Tunepoint just plugs in to the multi-changer port on the rear of the head unit, so guess it just emulates a CD changer.

Doesn't give text but allows control of the iPod from the steering controls / head unit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Stu.

Did your TunePoint replace a changer or add on to the system?

Did you have to reprogram anything?

I've been told by Renault that they no longer do the TunePoint. That's disappointing. But I've just purchased the xCarLink, the my Cabasse Tronic, does not detect it. No CD Changer is detected. I don't know if I need to program anything?

Simon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh. No CD Changer here. New fitting. Don't know if anything needs to be programmed. I've heard of a reference to a diagnostic screen but can only see that for the Lag2.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
No one managed to replace the headunit with an aftermarket one yet?
the biggest problem with swapping out the OEM stereo with an Aftermarket one is to find the correct fascia panel to make the dashboard look good again like
and then a conversion kit for the car to make the satelite steering wheel controls function with an aftermarket stereo like
both of them are guesses because I dont know what stereo you have on your car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts