Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone out there may be able to help. I have recently swapped my Lag III for the Lag III and I'm now having to use roof bars that I have never used before. On my lag II due to it being a Tourer I bought the Renault bars which fitted perfect. On the Lag III I opted to buy the Thule Aero bars as I don’t believe Renault make an Aero style roof bar for the Hatch. But I am struggling to fit them...... I follow the instructions although the measurements they give aren’t the best - but the bars just wobble around so much.
I insert the pin on the adaptor into the hole in the door groove but they wobble like hell to the point I am not happy enough to consider putting anything on them and I am due to go to France in a month. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same issues and if they have how did you resolve it. I have the Thule 754 feet with the 869 Aero bars and the 1463 adaptor kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I was just in the process of purchasing new bars for an existing rack that I have used on a Primera with similar fixings. I need to change my bars to longer ones, (currently have 761's) to the 769's (square ones) and change the adaptors on the feet to the 1463 type. Silly question but have you tightened the screws on each foot so that it pulls down onto the roof using the 1463 hook?
Have you also put the rubber feet underneath the Thule mounting feet.
This system on the Primera worked very well, it should work on the Laguna!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is now resolved. Just for anyone Info Renault do produce the Aero style bars but they measure under 100cm which is no good if you have more than 3 bikes as they recommnd each bikes requires 25cm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.