Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna III wiper failure

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dynamiquelover 
#1 ·
Help !!.....2008 Laguna III 1.5 diesel.....couple of weeks ago started having problem with front wipers.....slowing down........then stopping after a few mins operation.....leave it a while and then they would start working again.........then stop....now they are totally dead......took to a mate of mine who is an Auto electrician....hooked up diagnostics......stalk switch fine.....couldnt activate front wipers so couldnt test that....fuse ok...rain sensor OK........found wiring harness for motor ( the original main suspect !!)........with wipers switched on...metered wires.....no power heading to motor.........he wasnt very familiar with the component layout on the new lagunas.......stalk switch to main computer ......to relay to motor ???.....any help or ideas appreciated...local dealer wanted 120 euro just to run a diagnostic !!! dont know if he is going to tell me anything different to my mate

#2 ·
I think the laguna 3 has a multiplex connection to the motor, if it measures the load ie snow, dead bodies etc it will not autho wipers to work. It sounds like your motor has seized therefore it will not allow power from fuse board to reach motor. I do not have wiring diagram to hand perhaps someone else has

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.