Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Laguna III wipers the worst designed wipers in the entire motoring world ? ? ! ! ! !

I can lift the drivers side wiper all of about 1½ inches :confused: :confused: away from the windscreen.:mad: :mad:

How am I supposed to effectively clear the snow and ice from the windscreen when I can't even get the wiper out of the way ? ?

I don't even want to think about the problems I'll face when trying to change the wiper blades ! ! !

Anyone know of any tips or tricks to over come this BAD design ? ?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Whikst it's no help for clearing snow you can move the arms ( apparently) to change the blades.

Think it is in the user manual that you switch wipers on and leave them half way up the screen and switch off - you can then lift the arm away to make changing the blade easier.
I haven't tried it and can't remember the exact wording in the user manual but I am pretty sure it tells you what to do.

Our Laguna III hasn't moved for a week - still covered in snow/ice at the bottom of our very steep drive.
Luckily I remembered to leave the Fiesta at the top of the drive on Friday evening so have been able to use that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is possible to "park" the wiper blades halfway up the windscreen ? ?

Will check in the manual. . .. (Note to self : read manual BEFORE asking questions ! ! )

Thanks

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
So it is possible to "park" the wiper blades halfway up the windscreen ? ?

Will check in the manual. . .. (Note to self : read manual BEFORE asking questions ! ! )

Thanks
Walk up to the car.
Open driver's door.
Push the wiper stalk all the way down to the last stop.
The wipers will rise to the up position.
Lift the stalk when you're done.

HTH

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,404 Posts
Reactions: Phil48
1 - 6 of 6 Posts