Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 19 Dci Laguna sports tourer it has 82000 miles and the Intercooler has a hole in it so I am planning on changing it. if anyone as changed one I would appreciate any advice they can give me.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

I have never changed an intercooler on a Lag 2,but hopefully someone else who has can help you.:).I'm sure it'll mean removing the bumper and grille assembly from the front of the car and unclipping the radiator and air con condensor(if fitted),but hopefully someone else with more knowledge than me can help.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. As a Renault technican i have fitted loads of intercoolers to laguna II's.You have to remove the front grille and bumper which are quite easy, both front headlamps and the bonnet slam panel.Once these are off you can see an awful lot more.if you have air con then you'll have to unclip the condenser which is mounted to the intercooler but you won't have to discharge the system as the condenser doesn't need to come right out of the way.Once you have undone the 2 hose clips on both intercooler intake pipes then you have to take off the intercooler securing clips which are located on either side at the bottom.You will have to get the intercooler at the right angle to remove it from between the chassis members.It can be quite an involved job if attempting for the first time .Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
Camboy thats a great help. I am going to do it tomorrow so will let you know how a get on. Could you give me any info on removing the front bumper

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Great post,Camboy.:)

(Not a bad guess on my part,either!):)

If you could stick around on the forum,your knowledge would be invaluable,Camboy.We don't have a Renault Tech who visits the forum regularly any more,so you would be very helpfull to have around.:)

Let us know how you get on,Barrie.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
intercooler

Excellent news,Barrie.:)

And thanks again to Camboy.:)
hi there iam wondring if you can help me i took my laguna 2 1.9dci to renault garage last month to change to egr and i have been told that the the interlcooler was burst and need to be changed but the car its run fine can anyone tell me how do i check if the intercooler is gone because i open the bonet and there is nothing wrong but i dont know mechanic lol any techanicien or one he has already experience with intercooler tell me how check the intercooler weither is burst or not cherssssssss

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like to remove/inspect/flush/clean the intercooler on my Laguna 2 dci. Tried to follow Haynes manual to get to iontercooler but it isnt comprehensive. The metal cover which sits above the intercooler and grille wouldnt shift. There seems ro be additional bolts inside (one near the battery tray and the other below the power steering pump) which Haynes makes no mention of. Any help?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I would like to remove/inspect/flush/clean the intercooler on my Laguna 2 dci. Tried to follow Haynes manual to get to iontercooler but it isnt comprehensive. The metal cover which sits above the intercooler and grille wouldnt shift. There seems ro be additional bolts inside (one near the battery tray and the other below the power steering pump) which Haynes makes no mention of. Any help?
From memory there are two bolts on each side which can only be accessed with the headlights removed which in turn means removing the bumper. Once you've done all that the slam panel can be removed and you have clear access.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found a picture of the crossmember slam panel from the web. This confirms that I will have to remove the additional bolts (the location of which I have arrowed) from its stands. The Haynes manual doesnt make out the 'stands' on the slam panel. I did try to get to these bolts from top but found the area very tight. I guess removing the headlights and bumper makes access to these bolts very easy.

I hope removing the intercooler doesnt involve unfastening any difficult retaining clips?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts