Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a broken lock button on my keycard so i cant lock my doors, I have a spare key from a different car, does anyone know if i can have it coded to my car????

R

·
0 Posts
Hello i have a broken lock button on my keycard so i cant lock my doors, I have a spare key from a different car, does anyone know if i can have it coded to my car????

The cards can ony be assigned once so as the other member has said no you can't re-programe a used key to your car .

Unless you can find some who can "virginise" the card by replacing a component on the circuit board. I have read a post on the forum by some who IIRC is an auto lock smith and said they could do it.

Key cards can only be assigned or re-programed to the orginal car with diagnostic equipment

·
Registered
52 Posts
does your card still start the car ok???
if so???and its only the buttons broke???

send it off to be repaired,lots of links on here...and loads of people on ebay doing it aswell

pat.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
... or if you (or a friend) have soldering skills you could fix it yourself.

I've fixed both my cards many times myself. In fact the two halves are only held together with tape (for easy access).

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
or you could just take the coded chop out of the broken card and stick it in the working one. then all you've done is replace the circuit board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts