Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my laguna in last week for clutch slave cylinder replacement as was leaking.

DMF had gone too so had clutch and DMF changed also

Later last friday evening (colllected friday) i noticed a leak under car, had a look a hydrulic fluid resevoir and presumed it was over spill after refilling in the garage.

Missus pointed out earlier this evening a lot of oil or whatever patches appearing where car is parked.

Had a look underneath and oil is coming from the gearbox. Does this mean that the garage failed to refit correctly, or damage an oil seal/driveshaft seal when putting the box back in?

Ive spent £900 and they can put it right.

They would have advised me if any potential problems such as an oil leak when they took apart wouldnt they?? They are at fault

can anyone back me up on this? my dad says they would have took driveshaft out and the seal may have been damaged or not refitted correctly, or the input shaft seal damaged when refitting?

I have check the hydraulic reservoir and ok

R

·
0 Posts
It is gear oil it's leaking? I wouldn't have thought the input shaft would have been damaged?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
sounds like they butcherd it to get it in and out?

take it back and get them to sort it if you had a leek prior to removal fitting they would of told you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it back last wednesday, they replaced the driveshaft seal (showed old one and nothing wrong with it)

Car fine on drive home on thurs afternoon and next morning, then, oil started to appear from the same place but is worse!

Phoned the boss on friday, said to bring back in tomorrow (tuesday) he said it was leaking from the seal, he's replaced it and was holding oil.

Is there anything that could be a further cause of this leak?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts