Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there im in need of some advise
i have a laguna 1.8 16v petrol estate that has developed a missfire from no where we last used the car 2 days ago its been running fine until then but we have only owned the car 3 weeks or so so im worried that we have been sold a money pit???

right to business we started the car after being parked up over the weekend and made off ddown the road after 10 mins the car started to judder in 5 gear like there was no power so i slowed down and changed gear still hardly any power then the engine managment light came on so we pulled over and stopped and called out rac:crazy:

he plugged in hes computer and a fault code appered saying (110 ) destructive missfire he cleared the code which made no difference, the car ran but still the missfire he the proceded to check the coils by unplugging them one t a time to see if that coil was causing the problem all seemed fine that test .
so he removed the coils checking for any cracks etc then removed plugs,cleaned and gapped them tested them still missfire,then did a pressure test all ok 150 across the clinders so no probs there

so after an hour of messing around still have the miss fire and no leads to tell me what could be the problem

please help:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm, not sure if this is directly related, but a similar experience on my Laguna II (1.9DCi)

I was driving in city and suddenly, with no warning, the engine stopped... I started again and it stopped after a few second... luckily I was in town and had enough momentum to park the car on the side of the road...
No warning signs, no dashboard light, nothing! etc... I call the Green Flag !

My car is now in the garage for the second week and they have diagnosed that my Injection Computer was misfiring 2 cylinders (no current on output of the computer for 2 cylinders)...
One "arm and a leg" later (new injection computer, reprogramming etc) ... problem sorted the car now start as normal...
Not a pleasant experience!

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
coils are wired as pairs so the rac guy was never gonna find the fault by unplugging them. i'd put a bet on it being coils.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
It would appear the dignostic kit may not have been able to do a full diagnosis. Renaults use a different protocol so not all kit can determine the exact cause of each fault.
Looking through the list of EOBD codes number PO110 refers to an inlet air temp problem which could cause poor engine running.
Did the problem only arise once the engine is warm and have you tried starting the engine since it has cooled.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts