Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I hadn't decided to top up the screen wash now.
Bonnet catch released from inside car and bonnet partially released but I am unable to lift it fully, only an inch or so. There is a lever/catch at the front/centre that I can reach - which way should it go? Left/right? Up/down? I've tried jiggling it in all directions with no result. The manual is as much use as a chocolate teapot.
As it is I can neither open the bonnet nor close it properly either.
There's a picture if it helps:

Any thoughts, advice appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at it I'd have thought upwards. Maybe try moving the lever whilst lifting on the bonnet.
Tried that, thanks, but no joy. The car's due for a service in 1,000 miles but I want to go out tomorrow. (And the home start service that I pay for has packed up and gone home.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brainstorm. Got through to the insurance helpline and the home start insurance had expired two years ago. Remembered that the car came with brakedown cover and the AA should be here in an hour. I'll post the result.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Result! :d The AA arrived in less than 30mins and he couldn't get it open either. Checked his laptop and job done. It wasn't left/right or up/down but twist. The catch surfaces having dried out wouldn't have helped either. He put some oil on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! That saved me a trip to the garage.
Just to explain, the tab on the catch points to 4 o'clock. You need to twist it counter clockwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My bonnet closes and I am able to open it, but in closed position, there is play on the catch being in the lock, as you can hopefully see in the movie hereunder. Is this something which can be adjusted or does anything need replacing, when yes, 2nd hand or new?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Quick shot of the issue

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Robert. Open the bonnet, on either side there are 2 black adjusters, or should be. You can turn these to adjust the amount of slack when the bonnet is closed. There is also some adjustment in the bonnet catch, below the plastic fairing. £ bolts if I remember correctly. The adjusters are as the pic attached,

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I bought new for mine as no breakers had them, I'll try find the site for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts